The construction industry has long recognised the potential for digital technology to improve productivity, advance construction techniques and improve quality. That said, the journey towards digital transformation has not been a straightforward or rapid one.
Now suddenly everything has, and continues to, change in the wake of something the industry could never have foreseen – the global Covid-19 pandemic. It has brought about a change in attitude towards digital tools and expedited decisions on investments in new technologies forcing firms to employ different – and for some wholly unfamiliar – practices, with the working lives of many being altered beyond recognition.
What lessons have been learned from the experience so far? Will modernisation and digital transformation continue to accelerate and become the new standards in the construction sector?
Like many other industries, it is almost inconceivable that construction will return to its old way of doing business. Everything from business processes, design, drawing up contracts, material supplies to activity on site has been impacted. The question is to what extent will these learnings be used? And, which Covid-dictated improvements have the best chance of being adopted in the long-term?
The CIF’s 2021 Digital Construction Summit will focus on the technological advancements in the industry, both at home and overseas, and will take a close look at the latest innovations being adopted in the sector, the competitive advantage they can bring to your business and the role they play in complex construction projects. Leading professionals will share their experiences and expertise and discuss the latest trends in digital construction.
Join us on June 17 for a day of thought-provoking content on the latest innovations and opportunities, as well as virtual networking with both industry peers and experts.
Our virtual summit agenda will feature:
- Construction game changers: Solutions that will transform the way we build, increase productivity and profitability safer and without compromising on quality
- Stakeholders’ view on digitalisation: Industry leaders, public and private sector clients
- Emerging technologies and innovations in development in the Irish construction industry
- What can we learn from disruption in other industries?
- Standards, training and skills: On what foundation will our future digital construction industry be built?
- How does the Irish construction industry get ready for a BIM mandate?
- International case study: Lessons from an early adopter – Finland’s BIM journey
- Construction management
- IT professionals
- Infrastructure project leaders
- Plant managers
- BIM Managers
- Digital construction professionals.
The Virtual Summit Experience
To adapt to the current environment and the growing demand for delegates to enjoy the conference experience in an online manner, the CIF Digital Construction Summit 2021 will come to you as a virtual event.
While our delegates will join in from the comfort of their homes and offices across Ireland and around the world, the event itself will be broadcast live from our dedicated studio in Dublin. Many of our speakers and panellists will appear live on stage, while our international keynotes and participants will be video-conferenced in to join the conversation.
Delegates will have the opportunity to step into the unique virtual summit environment, which includes access to the main virtual conference stage for the full day, live speaker & panel Q&A sessions, a virtual exhibition hall, copies of presentations & content post-event, as well as the opportunity to network, connect and chat with fellow online attendees, speakers and partners in real time.
Virtual attendance will be easily facilitated by our specially customised conferencing platform and dedicated AV team.
Benefits of virtual attendance include:
- Access to Virtual Main Stage for all keynotes, presentations and debates
- Video content of the latest industry innovation
- Opportunities to meet 100’s of attendees virtually, and set up meetings and conversations
- Online virtual exhibition hall
- Meet the industry using our matchmaking and profiling facilities
- Copy of attendee list post-event
- Copy of all presentations post-event
CIF Non Member
2021 Sponsors and Supporters